all items in this store are to be sent to your email within 24 hours after cleared payment. PDF eBooks are sent to you as email attachments. as for mp3 audiobook, a download link from ONEDRIVE will be sent to your email for you to download.
Please Read Before Your Purchase!!!
1. This item is an E-Book in PDF format.
2. Shipping & Delivery: Send to you by E-mail within 24 Hours after cleared payment. Immediately Arrival!!!
3. Shipping ( by email) + Handling Fee = US$0.00 ( Promotional Period)
4. Time-Limited Offer, Order Fast.
Bioinformatics An Introduction 2nd ED (Computational Biology)
by Jeremy Ramsden (Author)
Publisher: Springer; 2nd ed. edition (April 14, 2009)
Computer Science > Bioinformatics
Series: Computational Biology, Vol. 10
From the reviews of the second edition:
"This book is a self-contained guide to bioinformatics that targets undergraduates interested in this field. Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that involves computer science, engineering, biology, and medicine. This book covers the basics of these areas, so readers will acquaint themselves with the fundamental building blocks of bioinformatics. бн In short, this book is a wonderful text for entry-level students." (Hsun-Hsien Chang, ACM Computing Reviews, June, 2009)
Bioinformatics is interpreted as the application of information science to biology, in which it plays a fundamental and all-pervasive role. The field continues to develop intensively in both academia and commercially, and is highly interdisciplinary. This broad-ranging and thoroughly updated second edition covers new findings while retaining the successful formula of the original text.
Bioinformatics: An Introduction is structured into three parts devoted to Information, Biology, and Applications. Every section of the book has been completely revised for currency, and expanded where relevant, to take account of significant new discoveries and realizations of the importance of key concepts. Furthermore, two new chapters provide instruction about algorithms and knowledge representation. Emphases are placed on the underlying fundamentals and on acquisition of a broad and comprehensive grasp of the field as a whole.
• Provides a solid foundation in, and self-contained introduction to, the field of bioinformatics and its state-of-the-art as it relates to computational biology research
• Imparts a thorough grounding of core concepts, enabling the reader to understand contemporary work within an optimal context
• Includes examples, definitions, problems and a comprehensive and useful bibliography
• Offers additional chapters on algorithms and knowledge representation, including text mining [NEW]
• Presents new experimental methods, and serves as a springboard for new research [NEW]
• Contains a greatly expanded chapter on interactions and regulatory networks [NEW]
• Incorporates discussion of the method of drawing inferences from abstract sequence analysis based on frequency dictionaries
• Contains an extensively revised chapter on medical applications [NEW]
• Emphasizes the underlying fundamentals and acquisition of a broad and comprehensive grasp of the field as a whole
This significantly improved second edition of a successful textbook is intended to be a complete study companion for the advanced undergraduate or graduate student. It is self-contained, bringing together the multiple disciplines necessary for a profound grasp of the field into a coherent whole, thereby allowing the reader to gain much insight into the state-of-the-art of bioinformatics.