all items in this store are to be sent to your email within 24 hours after cleared payment. PDF eBooks are sent to you as email attachments. as for mp3 audiobook, a download link from ONEDRIVE will be sent to your email for you to download.
1. This item is an E-Book in PDF format.
2. Shipping & Delivery: Send to you by E-mail within 24 Hours after cleared payment. Immediately Arrival!!!
3. Shipping ( by email) + Handling Fee = US$0.00
4. Time-Limited Offer, Order Fast.
The Blackwell Companion to Jesus
by Delbert Burkett (Editor)
September 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
HUMANITIES / RELIGION & THEOLOGY / BIBLICAL STUDIES /
The Blackwell Companion to Jesus features a comprehensive collection of essays that explore the diverse ways in which Jesus has been imagined or portrayed from the beginnings of Christianity to the present day.
Considers portrayals of Jesus in the New Testament and beyond, Jesus in non-Christian religions, philosophical and historic perspectives, modern manifestations, and representations in Christian art, novels, and film
Comprehensive scope of coverage distinguishes this work from similar offerings
Examines both Christian and non-Christian perspectives on Jesus, including those from ethnic and sexual groups, as well as from other faiths
Offers rich and rewarding insights which will shape our understanding of this influential figure and his enduring legacy
Delbert Burkett is Professor of Religious Studies at Louisiana State University. He is the author of The Son of Man Debate: A History and Evaluation (1999), An Introduction to the New Testament and Origins of Christianity (2002), and Rethinking the Gospel Sources: From Proto-Mark to Mark (2004).
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Notes on Contributors.
Images of Jesus: An Overview (Delbert Burkett).
Part I: Jesus in the New Testament.
1. Mark's Portrait of Jesus (William R. Telford, Durham University).
2. Who Do You Say That I Am? A Matthean Response (Elaine Mary Wainwright, University of Auckland, New Zealand).
3. Jesus in Luke-Acts (Delbert Burkett, Louisiana State University).
4. JohnĄ¯s Portrait of Jesus (Mary Coloe, School of Theology at Australian Catholic University in Melbourne, Australia).
5. Jesus in Q (Christopher Tuckett, University of Oxford).
6. Paul, Jesus, and Christ (Edward Adams, King's College London).
7. Jesus in the General Epistles (Harold W. Attridge, Yale Divinity School).
8. Jesus in the Apocalypse (Ian Boxall, St StephenĄ¯s House, University of Oxford).
9. Constructing Images of Jesus from the Hebrew Bible (Warren Carter, Brite Divinity School).
Part II: Jesus Beyond the New Testament.
10. Ancient Apocryphal Portraits of Jesus (J. K. Elliott, University of Leeds, England).
11. Gnostic Portraits of Jesus (Majella Franzmann, University of Otago, New Zealand).
12. The Christ of the Creeds (Khaled Anatolios, Boston College School of Theology and Ministry).
13. Jesus in Atonement Theory (Stephen Finlan, Fordham University).
Part III: Jesus in World Religions.
14. Jewish Perspectives on Jesus (Michael J. Cook, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion).
15. Islamic Perspectives on Jesus (Reem Meshal, Louisiana State University and M. Reza Pirbhai, Louisiana State University).
16. Hindu Perspectives on Jesus (Sandy Bharat, International Interfaith Centre at Oxford).
17. Buddhist Perspectives on Jesus (Peggy Morgan, Faculty of Theology at Oxford).
Part IV: Philosophical and Historical Perspectives on Jesus.
18. Skeptical Perspectives on Jesus' Resurrection (Michael Martin, Boston University).
19. The Quest for the Historical Jesus: An Overview (David B. Gowler, Oxford College of Emory University).
20. The "Jesus" of the Jesus Seminar (Robert J. Miller, Juniata College in Pennsylvania).
21. The Quest for the Historical Jesus: An Appraisal (Helen K. Bond, University of Edinburgh).
Part V: Modern Manifestations of Jesus.
22. Modern Christology (John P. Galvin, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.)
23. Christology in Africa, Asia, and Latin America (Veli-Matti Kärkkäinen, Fuller Theological Seminary and Docent of Ecumenics at the University of Helsinki).
24. Jesus in American Culture (Paul Harvey, University of Colorado).
25. The Black Christ (Kelly Brown Douglas, Goucher College with Delbert Burkett).
26. Feminist Christologies (Lisa Isherwood, University of Winchester).
27. The Gay Jesus (Theodore W. Jennings, Jr., Chicago Theological Seminary).
28. Modern Mystifications of Jesus (Per Beskow, University of Lund, Sweden).
Part VI: Jesus in Art, Fiction, and Film.
29. Jesus in Christian Art (Robin Margaret Jensen, Vanderbilt University).
30. Jesus Novels (Zeba Crook, Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada).
31. Jesus in Film (Adele Reinhartz, University of Ottawa in Canada).