all items in this store are to be sent to your email within 24 hours after cleared payment. PDF eBooks are sent to you as email attachments. as for mp3 audiobook, a download link from ONEDRIVE will be sent to your email for you to download.
Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists 3rd edition 2004 by Sheldon M. Ross
This updated classic provides a superior introduction to applied probability and statistics for engineering or science majors. Author Sheldon Ross shows how probability yields insight into statistical problems, resulting in an intuitive understanding of the statistical procedures most often used by practicing engineers and scientists. Real data sets are incorporated in a wide variety of exercises and examples.
New in this edition:
* New exercises and data examples including:
- The One-sided Chebyshev Inequality for Data
- The Logistics Distribution and Logistic Regression
- Estimation and Testing in proofreader problems
- Product Form Estimates of Life Distributions
- Observational Studies
* Updated statistical material
* New, contemporary applications
* Reflects Sheldon Ross's masterfully clear exposition
* Contains numerous examples, exercises, and homework problems
* Unique, easy-to-use software automates required computations
* Applies probability theory to everyday statistical problems and situations
* Careful development of probability, modeling, and statistical procedures leads to intuitive understanding
* Instructor's Solutions Manual is available to adopters
"As a textbook, it provides a solid foundation for probability and statistics with introduction to some useful applied topics."
-Roger M. Sauter, Boeing Commercial Airplane Group, in TECHNOMETRICS, VOL. 47, 2005
"Ross's book is an excellent introduction to classical Probability Theory and Statistics. The explanations are absolutely clear, well chosen examples help students to understand the point of each section. Ross is a classical author of probability texts, most of his books became Bibles of instructors and students. This text is no exception... What it covers is absolutely elegant...I simply love it."
- Gabor Szekely, Bowling Green State University
"Throughout the book there are numerous homework problems at varying levels of difficulty. In my opinion they do an excellent job of testing the students' grasp of the material as well as being educational, in the...sense of preparing students for examinations.
- Charles Dunkl, University of Virginia
The new edition of Ross's bestseller for engineers and scientists, featuring famously clear exposition and examples